The Clarke County Board of Education vacancy resulting from the resignation Dr. Frances Berry (District 2) will be filled by the board pursuant to Georgia Laws 1993, Page 3514, Section (5)(f)(2), which provides: “The remaining members of the board shall appoint a qualified resident of the education district wherein the vacancy occurred to serve for the remainder of the unexpired term and until a successor is elected and qualified.”
At the Board of Education meeting To be held Jan.16, 2020, the board will vote on a replacement to serve the remainder of the term, which runs through December 31, 2020.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
1) Be at least 21 years old;
2) Be a citizen of Georgia;
3) Be registered to vote;
4) Cannot be a convicted felon;
5) Cannot hold another elected office;
6) Cannot be an employee of the Clarke County School District;
7) Must have resided within District 2 for at least the past 12 months.
(District 2 extends roughly from Danielsville Road to Winterville and Lexington Road to the Madison County line. A map of District 2 is available on the CCSD website at www.clarke.k12.ga.us.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
Candidates must submit the following materials by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 10, 2020:
1) A signed letter of interest;
2) A resume or biographical sketch;
3) Two letters of recommendation from supporters.
Address materials to: Dr. LaKeisha Gantt President Board of Education Clarke County School District, 440-1 Dearing Extension, Athens, GA 30606.
1) Candidates will have five minutes to speak to the board at the January 16, 2020 meeting;
2) Supporters may use three minutes to speak to the board on behalf of a candidate.
Contact Lisa Palmer to place your name on the speaking list: 706-546-7721 extension 20701 or email@example.com.
3) Supporters may complete a Candidate Support Form on the CCSD website'
4) At the meeting, the board will vote on a replacement for the District 2 seat to serve the remainder of the term, which runs through Dec. 31, 2020.