top of page

Athens family displaced by house fire

By Joe Johnson

A family was displaced from their home in Athens by a fire late Friday night.

According to Athens-Clarke County Interim Fire Chief Nate Moss, Fire and Emergency Services crews responded at 11:15 p.m. to a reported structure fire at 180 Northside Drive, where they found smoke coming from a single-story residence.

When firefighters entered the dwelling they contained the blaze to a laundry room and quickly extinguished it, he said.

"We had to disconnect the power to the house and due to smoke and fire damage the home will be temporarily uninhabitable," the fire chief said. "Red Cross was called and they took care of three residents that were displaced by the fire."

Moss said the residents were family members.


856 views0 comments

תגובות


bottom of page