top of page

Residents displaced by Athens house fire

By Joe Johnson

The residents of a home on Northside Drive were displaced Friday night by a fire.

According to Athens-Clarke County Interim Fire Chief Nate Moss, Fire and Emergency Services crews responded at 11:15 p.m. to a reported structure fire at 180 Northside Drive, where they found smoke coming from a single-story residence.

When firefighters entered the dwelling they contained the blaze to a laundry room and quickly extinguished it, he said.

"We had to disconnect the power to the house and due to smoke and fire damage the home will be temporarily uninhabitable," the fire chief said. "Red Cross was called and they took care of three residents that were displaced by the fire."

615 views0 comments


bottom of page